Joomla is one of the best and most popular ways to build a website. It is user-friendly, powerful and is continuously improved by thousands of people around the world.
Joomla powers millions of sites and is being widely adopted by governments, universities and Fortune 500 companies.
We offer two days of Joomla training:
- Day 1 is for complete beginners. You'll learn all of the key concepts you need to understand, navigate and use a Joomla site.
- Day 2 is for people who have completed Day 1 or have some Joomla experience. You'll learn how to build and maintain Joomla sites.
The two days of training are designed to be taken together, but you're also welcome to attend for only one day.
Day 1: Beginner
In Day 1, you'll learn how to build a Joomla website, from content and user organization, to working with extensions and templates.
- Part 1: Introduction to Joomla answering key questions: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Navigating the Joomla interface
- Part 3: Setting up and organizing Joomla content
- Part 4: Adding content articles with formatting and text
- Part 5: Choosing and using with Joomla components
- Part 6: Choosing and using Joomla modules and plugins
- Part 7: Choosing and using Joomla templates
- Part 8: Building a full Joomla site so that students can practice everything that they have learned during the class
Day 2: Intermediate
In Day 2, you'll build on your Joomla knowledge and get to grips with how to modify, improve and develop great Joomla websites.
- Part 1: Workflow: An introduction to the Joomla workflow for building complete, advanced sites.
- Part 2: Advanced content editing and management. We'll add extra features to Joomla's content editing, including improved multimedia, document, image and link-handling options. We'll also focus on security, including how to restrict user's editing options and track different versions of a document.
- Part 3: Understanding components and using advanced Joomla components. We'll create a community site by adding user profiles and social networking. We'll also create a blog with commenting and sharing features.
- Part 4: Understanding modules and using advanced Joomla modules. In the beginner class we explain module positions. In this class we go a step further and place the modules anywhere you want. We also see how to control them in more advanced ways, choosing who can see them and setting publish and unpublish dates.
- Part 5: Understanding plugins and using advanced Joomla plugins. We'll explain each of the different kinds of Joomla plugins using several different examples. We'll see how to create slideshows and video displays, spice up content items with extra features and how to login to Joomla using accounts from other sites.
- Part 6: Joomla Access Control Levels. We'll use the new permission levels in Joomla to accurately control what users can and cannot do on our sites.
- Part 7: Joomla Site Maintenance. How to update, backup, secure and correctly configure your Joomla site.
- Part 8: Practice: We build a full Joomla site so that students can practice everything that they have learned during the class.
What's Included With the Training
Practical, hands-on training from an experienced Joomla teacher
Six months of forum support with same-day answers to your questions
A copy of Joomla Explained, the best selling Joomla book
Six months of access to our online Joomla training
All the key information from the class in one useful guide
A personalized completion certificate
Your Class Trainer
Steve Burge is originally from the U.K., he now lives in Atlanta in the U.S.A..
Steve was a teacher for many years before starting Alledia.com, a web development firm. After several years of full-time web work, he found the desire to teach coming back again and started Open Source Training. He now travels widely teaching people how to use Joomla, WordPress and Drupal.
He has been heavily involved in various Open Source projects, writing books, starting user groups and serving as a board member.
Atlanta Joomla Tickets
Pay by Credit Card by Phone
Please feel free to call 678-830-2168 and speak with an OSTraining representative. They'll be able to help you pay and register for a class.
Pay by Check
- 1 Please send a check to: OSTraining.com, P.O. Box 907895, Gainesville, GA 30501.
- 2 Please include the name of the student plus their email address.
- 3 Your seat in the class will be confirmed only when the check arrives. Classes are filled on a first-come-first-served basis.
- 4 If you need an invoice before ordering, please email
Please click here to see our policy on refunds.
Interested in More Joomla Classes?
Every year we run over 100 classes across North America. Click here to see our full Joomla Training class list.