- Step 1: Login to the administrator area of your Joomla website
- Step 2: Go to Site >> Global Configuration
- Step 3: Global Configuration is divided into 3 sections: Site, System, and Server. Click on "System".
- Step 4: Scroll down to "Media Settings"
- Step 5: In the field "Path to Image Folder", change where you'd like images to be placed. It is most likely that'll you want to change this from /images/stories to just /images/
- Step 6: Click Save
In our beginner classes we explain a Joomla quirk ... all images should go in the /images/stories folder to make them easier to use. However, some people are taking over sites where that hasn't been done. Here's how to change the place where images are put: