This tutorial is a response to a question we've been asked often in classes:
"How can I resize images as I upload them?"
We're going to recommend Image Resize. It works so naturally with the Joomla workflow that most people don't even notice it. Here's how to use it:
- Step 1: Visit Joomlaforge.net and download the file called plg_imageresize_v.5.zip
- Step 2: In the administration area of your Joomla site, go to Extensions >> Install / Uninstall and upload the file.
- Step 3: Go to Extensions >> Plugin Manager. Find "Image Resize" and enable it.
- Step 4: Go to Content >> Article Manager and edit an article.
- Step 5: Click on the image link at the bottom of the article and upload an image. Insert it into the article.
- Step 6: Select the image and drag the corners until the image is the size you want it to be.
- Step 7: When you view the article on the frontend, Image Resize does all the work for you and creates a new version of your image!